Tuesday, July 17, 2007



EARTH, DON'T LA DIE, EARTH..

With all the cerita panas about global warming and our environment, I couldn't help but feel worried - Would a 75-year-old me have to walk around with oxygen masks and air-conditioned space outfit just to go to kedai when I need a couple of tomatoes? (not that I eat veges). Gile leceh! Gile tak fashionable!

I try to do my part and play my self-proclaimed environmentalist character. I simply:
  • repair my faulty jamban (or pay someone to do it);
  • put a bucket under a leaking pipe (my trusty Reader's Digest says that you can save up to 4 litres each time);
  • I don't throw rubbish out of my car (and shrieking whenever anyone else tries to);
  • I use my room air-cond (kat rumah) about 4 times a year and only for 2 to 3 hours maximum each time;
  • I try to quickly close my fridge doors everytime I open them;
  • I telah berjaya menghasut my office cleaning ladies to recycle paper (I just said in an ekshen way "Akak nak tau tak, Bibik saya jual semua kertas-kertas sampah macam yang ini, lepas tu dia boleh beli tiket balik Palembang"; then Prrink!, before I know it, they separate the waste paper with other wastes in two bags. Which is true, Kak Yah did save enough money for flight tickets just by recycling paper; the only thing is, my Ayah paid the other half. Heheh!);
  • Of course, I hasut-ed Kak Yah prior to that;
  • Don't support and buy magazines that feature garments made out of fur (US edition of Elle Magazine is horribly guilty of this);
  • Use both sides of the paper (although I think this trend is making its waves in KL as paper is expensive. Eventhough my office culture is to use both sides of the paper, we still buy 40,000 packs of 100 pieces of paper each month. Imagine those poor trees!)

As much as I keep reminding people to close the tap everytime they do whatever that they're doing over the sink, I can't proclaim myself to be the ultimate environmentalist either.

I have to confess that I keep the water running when I do my Number 1 in the office ladies, albeit minimally and not full blast. I just don't like my next-stall neighbour to hear my Number 1 sound. (And covering the Number 1 sound with a cough doesn't work either).

And I drive everywhere too, so I'm contributing in secreting some carbon monixide. It's just the nature of my work.

Sigh.. if only saving the environment were that easy. At least I'm attempting to. And whenever I hear the question on tv "What have you done for your environment today?", I bleh jawab la, eventhough my answer I would not warrant even a D+..




Tuesday, July 17, 2007



Comments: Post a Comment


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

MEET THE WHINER


aniz halimi
26 years blessed
subang jaya
malaysia
________________

a woman, kinda lost
a phenomenal average
a solid stick
a spoiled daughter
a spastic fiancee
a silly friend
an evil do-gooder
a male chauvinist hater
an environmentalist
a naive fearless driver
a religious window shopper
a music worshipper
an oprah wannabe
a confused conversationalist
particular about kek batiks
a luvly God-made aniz

________________

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
________________

BUG THE WHINER


THE WHINER WHINES TO

Dod
Am
Naem
Mardzia
Elin
Sisterhood
Jasmina
Hani
Ira
Faiqah
Asril
Fadhilah
Farah Laily
Shaf
Diana
Wirawan Terulung
Ako Mustapha
Afdlin Shauki

THE WHINER'S MUM MAKES BEAUTIFUL HANTARAN CAKES

Click to see it

NOOO! DON'T LOOK AT THE WHINER'S PHOTOS

ey stop drooling
am's bday pix

THE WHINER'S PREVIOUS POSTS